I was nominated for an award!! Cupcakecache nominated me for the Special Blogger Award. I’m flattered. I sincerely thank Cupcake for feeling I’m worthy of this recognition. She is a world traveled writer and instructor with a wealth of experience in both the academic and business world so when she says I make the grade, I have to believe her! If you haven’t checked out her blog I urge you to make the effort!
So the award requires just a slight effort and revealing a little bit about the blogger. Without further ado The Rules:
1. Thanks the blogger who nominated you (as above )
2. Answer the questions you are asked (if you’re comfortable doing so!)
3. Create 10 questions for the bloggers you’ve nominated.
4. Nominate at least 3 bloggers for the Special Blogger Award.
5. Comment on your nominees most recent blog post to let them know they’ve been nominated.
6. Have fun!
The 10 questions posed and their answers:
1. If you were a cat with another life, where would you be sitting right now?
I’m not sure but it would definitely be somewhere warm. My cats used to sit on the heat vents (very cozy). I think I’d find away to curl up under the bed comforter…
2. What is your favorite song in times of challenge?
Tubthumping by Chumbawamba
3. In one sentence, tell us about a time you enjoyed being proven wrong.
I’m so rarely wrong that I can’t remember anytime being wrong let alone happy about it!
4. What is your favorite mode of transportation?
5. What is your comfort food?
I did a whole post on this topic. In a word POTATOES!
6. Which is your favorite social media app to use?
WordPress. It replaces my first love – Xanga.
7. If you could name yourself, what name would you chose and why?
I would call myself Muris. Wait! I do call myself that! The reason is that I am the mouse. And sometimes I roar.
8. What news did you hear recently that surprised you?
Surprise is kind of a strong word but death is always unexpected. My 2nd cousin and the wife of my former Pastor have both passed recently.
9. How often do you walk in your neighborhood?
Sparky and I walked every other night and sometimes more often to get our steps in. Now with the time change it is so dark so early (not to mention the cold and wind) that we are walking less often. Maybe twice a week. That may decrease even more once we get snow. We don’t have sidewalks in many parts of the neighborhood so it can be treacherous.
10. Are there any writers who influence the writing of your blog?
There were a couple that are no longer blogging. One used to put up poetry challenges (MoonCatBlue) and it really stretched my writing muscles. The others encouraged my efforts and gave constructive criticism (and pushed me to explore short stories).
My Nominations (with zero pressure attached!):
Saintvi – saintvi.wordpress.com Because she hasn’t written anything in 4 long months and she really does have things to say and this is as good of an excuse to post as anything!
Foxy Writer Chick – foxywriterchick.com Susan is flat out funny. And she does book reviews (hasn’t steered me wrong yet) and does writing prompts too! Her blogs are terrific. I would love for everyone to check out her posts and I’d really like to know a little more about how she got to be so entertaining!
Denise Gainey – denisegainey.wordpress.com Denise is a musician, author and a wonderful blogger. She lives in a stately old home with her husband and pets. She travels and performs and takes beautiful photographs. You should all go visit her blog and meet her.
These are the questions I want to ask my nominees (because I’m curious):
1. What advice would you give to your 15 year old self if you could go back in time?
2. If you could change one thing about your body, what would you change?
3. What is your favorite candy and why?
4. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would you trade with?
5. What innovation to your computer would you like to have?
6. If you could step into a book, which book would you visit?
7. Love or money?
8. What is your super power?
9. How many US states and how many foreign countries have you visited?
10. How long have you been blogging and where?
These questions aren’t too difficult to answer so I hope all the nominees will play along.