A big thank-you to Cherie White at https://cheriewhite.blog/ for nominating me for this blogging award. Cherie blogs about bullies with a keen insight into how they manipulate their victims and also what makes them tick. It is an interesting and illuminating blog that sheds light on the dark side of life with a bully. As someone who has been bullied in the workplace, I often find myself agreeing and commiserating on the experiences she discusses.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. Now, how does it work and what are the rules?
Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog. (check)
Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you. (check)
Nominate 11 new blog to receive the award and write them 11 new questions. (check)
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog. (check)
Here are the questions Cherie posed to me: (I’ll answer them “to the best of my recollection”)
1. How did you get started blogging? I started blogging on Xanga in 2007 as a means to keep in touch with my younger sister and her family and with my mother who she roped into starting a blog.
2. How long have you had your blog? I had to switch to WordPress when Xanga finally bit the dust though there are still few friends who still use that platform. I would be there if they hadn’t made it nearly impossible to pay for my subscription. So all together 13 years – 3 on WP and 10 on Xanga.
3. Are you an animal lover? Hehe! You might say that. As a Registered Veterinary Technician/Veterinary Nurse I have worked with most species of animals. I’ve owned lots of regular pets along with some more “exotic” ones.
4.Dog or cat? I like both. I’m a little partial to cats. But truth be told I prefer rats and mice to cats and dogs. If I could be an animal I’d opt for something that could fly – probably a bat (a flying mouse)!
5. Stephen King or Dean Koontz? Neither? I’m not a big fan of the horror genre. I much prefer a solid Fantasy/SciFi book. It relates to my overactive imagination which fed horror stories makes my dreams into nightmares.
6. Have you written and published a book? Yes. I have a book to my name, though no one on WP has ever read it and I doubt anyone would be interested. The title is “The Laboratory Rabbit” (second addition) I not only wrote half the chapters, I did all the illustrations and took most of the photos! I also did the illustrations for the book “The laboratory Mouse”, again a teaching/reference text that is a very niche market.
7. What would be your favorite vacation spot, the mountains, or the beach? Neither. I’d prefer a geotrail through Ohio or Michigan or even Pennsylvania!
8. Where would you like to retire to? I’ve already retired to it. That is, my current location in Indiana. It is perfect. It is warm in the summer and cold enough in the winter to kill all the bugs. Spring and Fall are beautiful. But best of all – the extended family is right here!
9. What is your dream car? Hmm. This is a tough one. I love the Tesla except there are only 3 charging stations in my area. I also like the Toyota Prius. Since I already drive a Prius C, I’m pretty sure I’d love the slightly larger and fancier Prius!
10. What do you think is the best blog post you’ve ever written? That is a really hard question. I’ve written so many! I have been writing on WP since 2017 and have written 543 posts so far. I was on Xanga for 10 years and wrote 3159 posts. Considering all that according to WP stats my most viewed post was July 29, 2019 but I don’t think that was my best… I’d say Looking in the Window on June 8 of this year – maybe…
11. Music or TV shows? Hmm. How about books with music playing in the background. I remember reading Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings trilogy to Dvořák’s Symphony No. 9 “From the New World”. It was really a great combination! I had the LP and had it on repeat. I nearly wore that record out!
So next are my questions – hold onto your hats!
1. What famous actor/actress would play you in a movie about your life?
2. If you could change your name, what name would you choose?
3. What event in your life would you like to “do over”?
4. If you had a prehensile tail would you keep it or have it amputated?
5. You have just stepped into a time machine, what year in history would you visit and why?
6. What is your favorite comfort food?
7. You can change your eye color (any color(s) at all), what would you choose?
8. You have been granted 3 wishes, what do you wish for? (more wishes is not permitted)
9. Your pet can talk, what do you think they’d say about you?
10. How old were you when you got your “first kiss”?
11. (last but not least) Which would you rather be able to do – tap dance, juggle, or ice skate like an Olympic athlete?
As for nominations, I don’t want to pressure anyone. I would however love to see some of your answers, especially:
p.s. I will not be offended if you don’t want to play along. Life is too short and I’m having too much fun for that kind of nonsense!