Today is the last day of March and tomorrow is the first day of National Poetry Month. I wanted to get this out there for those who were anxiously awaiting my scavenger hunt! This is the beginning of one of my favorite times of the year – Spring, Eastertime, poetry month, swapping the winter for spring/summer clothes, and full on geocaching! There are only a couple simple rules – comment with a link to your poem, link back to this challenge on your page so we can get as many participants as possible. The only deadline is April 30th as the last day of the month. I hope this one has double the participants and triple the creativity as last year. As promised welcome to my National Poetry Month Scavenger Hunt aka NPM 21.
1. Write a love poem
2. Write a poem about lost love
3. Write a Dizain
4. Use the following words in a poem: equal, umbrella, tidy, weight
5. Write a Constanza (this has nothing to do with Seinfeld)
6. Compose a poem about hands
7. Write a poem incorporating your favorite beverage, an automotive malfunction, and basketball
8. Write a Magic 9 poem using a theme of slavery, freedom, or manumission.
9. Write a quatern poem
10. Write a sestina
11. Write a poem that explores a lie you were told
12. Use these words in a poem: delicate, daughter, detail, defeated, daily, dip
13. Write a poem about a mythical creature
14. Bonus: Write a loop poem OR write an acrostic poem OR be daring and combine the two!